Directions of the scientific work
The scientific work of the faculty is the integral system of the research work of the staff members that is aimed at the study of the most important and pressing problems of modern linguistics. The main directions of the scientific work are as follows:
- Research of the theoretical concepts of the translation theory, cognitive and emotionally pragmatic speech components; neology and neographics of the language, methods and techniques of teaching foreign languages, cross-culture communication and others.
- Participation at the scientific conferences.
- Publishing scientific articles in the professional editions.
- Combined approach to the scientific problems solving.
- Setting contacts with the scientific organizations in the system NAS of Ukraine.
- Usage of modern information technologies while conducting scientific research.
- Wide usage of fundamental scientific results for raising the entire image of the faculty.
- Assignment of scientific and consultative help for the students of I-V years during the period of their work at the scientific projects to participate in scientific student conferences and other events.
- Encouraging talented young people in the scientific research.
- Entering post-graduate studentship and standing for a degree.
Integration of the scientific work into the educational process.
In terms of fulfilling scientific research “Anthropocentric tendencies in the theory of translation, intercultural communication and contrastive research of the languages in the context of Bologna process” it is foreseen to develop special subject courses for master degree, text-books and handbooks as well as other reference materials for the integrated teaching of foreign languages at different faculties in accordance with the European recommendations and to develop soft-wear to put into life credit-module system.
New personality-oriented techniques of teaching are widely used in the process of education. Such methods proved to be effective after doing current tests, module control tests, rector tests, credits and exams. They are new ways of formation of foreign language communicative competence of reading, speaking, writing and listening, as well as using multimedia means of teaching foreign languages while students are mastering communicative skills.
Recently the faculty has signed some agreements on the future cooperation with a number of higher educational institutions of Ukraine.
Students participation in the scientific work of the faculty.
All the teachers, lectures and professors of the faculty take part in the organization of the annual inter-universities students scientific conferences. Thus in 2008 inter-universities students scientific conference “Innovations in Science and Engineering” was held. During the conference such groups worked:
- General Engineering;
- Modern Information Technologies;
- Physics and Mathematics Today;
- Problems in Natural Sciences and Medicine;
- New Trends in Linguistics, Law and Social Sciences;
- Innovations in Science and Engineering.